Full and nicely shaped lips convey youth, femininity and beauty. Fortunately today there are many options to achieve full and beautiful lips. There is wide range of fillers that can easily be injected to create the desired look; some lasting many months and others lasting for many years. However, in some patients fillers alone are not the answer. As we age, the lips can thin to the point that they invert or “roll in”. In such cases a lip lift can successfully evert or roll back out the border of the lip restoring the youthful contour of the upper lip. The procedure is easily performed under local anesthesia in the office setting with little “down” time afterwards.
DR. DAHIYA’S APPROACH TO THE LIP LIFT
There are essentially two types of lip lifts. One involves making incisions along the upper border of the lip (the vermillion border) and has a direct effect on the lip shape. The other procedure involves a thin incision just inside the nostril creases which hides the incision exceptionally well. Dr. Dahiya prefers the latter approach because his goal is always to get the best results that look the most natural without any visible signs of surgery. He will in some cases use fillers in addition to the lip lift to achieve the ideal full and youthful result.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AT THE INITIAL CONSULTATION?
- Upon arrival you will fill out all pertinent forms, including your general information, medical history and objectives for facial cosmetic surgery.
- Exam with Dr. Dahiya where you can share your concerns and aesthetic goals. He will give you recommendations for the best options available to achieve your goals including surgical and nonsurgical treatments.
- Together you and Dr. Dahiya will come up with a final treatment plan that best suits your needs and delivers the best and safest results.
- After your meeting with Dr. Dahiya, you will meet with his Patient Coordinator to further discuss the treatment plan, including financial options. Dr. Dahiya charges one all- inclusive fee for every aspect of the procedure so there are no hidden costs.
- Your procedure can be scheduled at this time.
- All surgeries requiring general anesthesia will be performed at the Surgery Center in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
- After the surgery, Dr. Dahiya and his team will call you during the post-operative phase to check on your progress. During the healing process, it is important to remember that Dr. Dahiya is always available to help you in any way.
- A post-operative appointment will be scheduled in order to evaluate your progress. Most patients continue to maintain a relationship with Dr. Dahiya for years afterwards as he interested in maintaining long-term results for each patient.