FRACTIONAL CO2 LASER RESURFACING
As we age there are genetically programmed changes to our skin that result in skin that has less elasticity and tone. These changes make our skin look less vibrant and combined with repeat underlying muscle activity we also see fine lines and deeper wrinkles develop throughout the face. Sun damage can further break down some of the collagen in our skin leading to even more signs of aging in addition to leaving brown spots and other unwanted changes to our skin
Fractional CO2 is the gold standard for laser resurfacing. The results are consistently excellent and can be accomplished with one treatment. Laser resurfacing refers to a treatment, which reduces brown and red spots caused by sun damage and tightening the skin so as to reduce wrinkles. After laser resurfacing, the skin produces significantly more collagen, which is one of the key building blocks of younger skin. Overall the effect is to make the skin look younger by as much as 10-15 years in many cases.
DR. DAHIYA’S APPROACH TO LASER RESURFACING
Dr. Dahiya has performed over 2,000 laser treatments in a variety of skin types and ages of patients. This vast experience allows him to find the right treatment settings for each patient. Some patients benefit from less intense settings whereas other patients may need much more aggressive power settings or perhaps even more than one treatment. Dr. Dahiya is able to make the best assessment of each patient and provide them with an individualized treatment plan.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AT THE CONSULTATION?
The following is what you should expect at your initial consultation with Dr. Dahiya:
- In the waiting room you will fill out all pertinent forms, including your medical insurance, medical history and objectives for facial cosmetic surgery.
- You will meet Dr. Dahiya and share your concerns and aesthetic goals. He will listen attentively and examine your face. Next you will be explained all of the options available to you including surgical and nonsurgical treatments. Finally, together you and Dr. Dahiya will come up with a final treatment plan that best suits your needs and delivers the best and safest results.
- After your meeting with Dr. Dahiya, you will meet with his Patient Coordinator for all details about the procedure, including all financial information. Dr. Dahiya charges one all- inclusive fee for every aspect of the procedure so there are no hidden costs. Your procedure will also be scheduled at this time.
- If your surgery is done out of the office, it will probably be performed at the Surgery Center in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
- After the surgery, Dr. Dahiya and his team will call you during the post-operative phase to check on your progress. During the healing process, it is important to remember that Dr. Dahiya is always available help you in any way.
- A post-operative appointment will be scheduled in order to evaluate your progress. Most patients continue to maintain a relationship with Dr. Dahiya for years afterwards as he interested in maintaining long-term results for each patient.