One of the most effective techniques for facial rejuvenation is restoring youthful volume. A loss of volume, particularly in the midface, is often one of the first signs of aging and continues to progress as we age. Fortunately, there are many options to restore that youthful fullness. Fillers such as Juvederm, Belotero, Radiesse and Belafill are all effective and FDA approved. However, some patients need more volume restoration than just a few syringes of fillers can provide and in such cases, fat transfers are a wonderful option. Fat is gently removed from the lower abdomen or thigh and injected into the desired area of the face. The fat provides excellent volume and of course feels completely natural as it is our own natural tissue.
DR. DAHIYA’S APPROACH TO FAT TRANSFER
Dr. Dahiya has performed over 1,000 fat transfer procedures. This experience has taught him both how much and where fat is most beneficial for an individual. Some doctors substantially over inject fat at the time of the treatment because they know that the body will absorb some. This can lead to prolonged swelling. However, Dr. Dahiya places a more conservative amount at the time of the first treatment, which means that healing occurs much more quickly. The goal of course though is to also get long term results and benefits so he then provides a second treatment session 9-12 months later to add another layer. This approach leads to excellent long term results balanced with faster healing times.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AT THE CONSULTATION?
- The following is what you should expect at your initial consultation with Dr. Dahiya:
- In the waiting room you will fill out all pertinent forms, including your medical insurance, medical history and objectives for facial cosmetic surgery.
- You will meet Dr. Dahiya and share your concerns and aesthetic goals. He will listen attentively and examine your face. Next you will be explained all of the options available to you including surgical and nonsurgical treatments. Finally, together you and Dr. Dahiya will come up with a final treatment plan that best suits your needs and delivers the best and safest results.
- After your meeting with Dr. Dahiya, you will meet with his Patient Coordinator for all details about the procedure, including all financial information. Dr. Dahiya charges one all- inclusive fee for every aspect of the procedure so there are no hidden costs. Your procedure will also be scheduled at this time.
- If your surgery is done out of the office, it will probably be performed at the Surgery Center in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
- After the surgery, our Patient Coordinator and Dr. Dahiya will call you to check on your progress. During the healing process, it is important to remember that Dr. Dahiya is always available to help you in any way.
- A post-operative appointment will be scheduled in order for you and Dr. Dahiya to evaluate your progress. The number of visits thereafter is dependent on how well and quickly you are healing. Most patients continue to maintain a relationship with Dr. Dahiya for years afterwards as he interested in maintaining long-term results for each patient.