A brow lift, also commonly known as a forehead lift, reduces the wrinkles that develop horizontally across the forehead, improves creases that develop in between the eyebrows, and raises sagging brows that are hooding the upper eyelids. Wrinkles in the forehead and sagging eyebrows can create a look of concern, anger, fatigue and advanced age. These changes accentuate the overall aging in the face. The result of the brow lift is a more relaxed, refreshed and rejuvenated appearance by restoring a more youthful contour to your forehead skin, upper eyelids, and eyebrows.
DR. DAHIYA’S APPROACH
Several different techniques are used to rejuvenate the forehead and eyebrows including the endoscopic lift, temporal lift, and tricophytic lift. Dr. Dahiya is highly trained in all methods of brow lifting procedures. The best of type of lift is determined by several factors including the position of your hairline, the thickness of your skin and degree of wrinkles present. At your consultation he will discuss with you which approach is most beneficial based on your facial anatomy and personal aesthetic goals.
The majority of all surgical procedures are performed at our office under local anesthesia. You are provided the option to take oral sedation to feel relaxed and comfortable during the whole procedure. Under the guidance of Dr. Dahiya, a Registered Nurse, and surgical team, you can be assured that you are being well cared for. All pre-operative instructions will be discussed in an in-office visit scheduled at your convenience so you and your loved ones can feel comfortable and prepared. If the procedure requires the use of general anesthesia, Dr. Dahiya will perform the surgery at the Surgery Center located in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
Other cosmetic procedures that may be performed with a brow lift are facelift, neck lift, skin resurfacing, and upper or lower eyelid procedures.
HOW DO I KNOW IF A BROW LIFT IS RIGHT FOR ME?
A thorough consultation with Dr. Dahiya will allow you to learn about the forehead lift and allow you to make a well-informed decision. Some common reasons to consider a brow lift are:
- Deep wrinkles on forehead
- Deep frown lines between your eyes
- Sagging eyebrows
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AT THE INITIAL CONSULTATION?
- Upon arrival you will fill out all pertinent forms, including your general information, medical history and objectives for facial cosmetic surgery.
- Exam with Dr. Dahiya where you can share your concerns and aesthetic goals. He will give you recommendations for the best options available to achieve your goals including surgical and nonsurgical treatments.
- Together you and Dr. Dahiya will come up with a final treatment plan that best suits your needs and delivers the best and safest results.
- After your meeting with Dr. Dahiya, you will meet with his Patient Coordinator to further discuss the treatment plan, including financial options. Dr. Dahiya charges one all- inclusive fee for every aspect of the procedure so there are no hidden costs.
- Your procedure can be scheduled at this time.
- All surgeries requiring general anesthesia will be performed at the Surgery Center in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
- After the surgery, Dr. Dahiya and his team will call you during the post-operative phase to check on your progress. During the healing process, it is important to remember that Dr. Dahiya is always available to help you in any way.
- A post-operative appointment will be scheduled in order to evaluate your progress. Most patients continue to maintain a relationship with Dr. Dahiya for years afterwards as he interested in maintaining long-term results for each patient.