A facelift is a surgical procedure that addresses visible signs of aging in the lower cheeks, face, and neck. Sagging skin caused by loss of skin tone in the lower face creates jowls and deep lines in the neck. A facelift is one of the most effective procedures for turning back the hands of time by restoring more youthful contours to the face and neck. Overall providing a fresher and rejuvenated look.
DR. DAHIYA’S APPROACH
Dr. Dahiya is highly trained in many different techniques including the S-Lift and Deep-Plane facelift. This procedure is completed in office under local anesthesia leading to faster recovery times. In having completed over 6,000 facelifts, Dr. Dahiya has created several unique techniques that achieve a more natural and longer lasting result.
The majority of all surgical procedures are performed at our office under local anesthesia. You are provided the option to take oral sedation to feel relaxed and comfortable during the whole procedure. Under the guidance of Dr. Dahiya, a Registered Nurse, and surgical team, you can be assured that you are being well cared for. All pre-operative instructions will be discussed in an in-office visit scheduled at your convenience so you and your loved ones can feel comfortable and prepared. If the procedure requires the use of general anesthesia, Dr. Dahiya will perform the surgery at the Surgery Center located in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
Other cosmetic procedures that may be performed with a facelift are brow lift, skin resurfacing, fat transfer, and upper or lower eyelid procedures.
DR. DAHIYA’S 3-DIMENSIONAL FACELIFT
Over many years and after thousands of procedures Dr. Dahiya has recognized the importance of rejuvenating all three “layers” that cause signs of aging in the face. Dr. Dahiya has spent a lot of time in truly understanding how people and facial skin ages. Dr. Dahiya’s three-layer approach addresses the skin, loss of volume or fullness to the face, and the deeper layer of the muscles in the face including the SMAS fascia and platisma muscle in the neck.
Layer One: Skin
As we age we begin to produce less collagen and elastin in the face. Overtime sun damage occurs resulting in brown spots, red spots, and fine lines. Laser resurfacing, chemical peels, and micro needling are effective procedures to help reduce the appearance of such discoloration.
Layer Two: Volume
Starting in our thirties and continuing there after, we begin to lose volume throughout the face. It is particularly noticeable in areas including the mid-face, nasolabial folds and under the eyes. This loss changes the overall volume in the face and can be corrected with a fat transfer or injectables such as Juvaderm®, Beletero®, or Bellafill®.
Layer Three: Muscular Sling
The supportive tissues in the face and skin tone start to droop resulting in jowls and neckbands. A facelift addresses the deep tissues and muscle layer by reversing the sagging underlying muscles. This brings about a stronger jawline and a fresher look.
When Dr. Dahiya thinks about rejuvenating a face he thinks of all three layers in order to give a natural, vibrant, and younger look.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AT THE INITIAL CONSULTATION?
- Upon arrival you will fill out all pertinent forms, including your general information, medical history and objectives for facial cosmetic surgery.
- Exam with Dr. Dahiya where you can share your concerns and aesthetic goals. He will give you recommendations for the best options available to achieve your goals including surgical and nonsurgical treatments.
- Together you and Dr. Dahiya will come up with a final treatment plan that best suits your needs and delivers the best and safest results.
- After your meeting with Dr. Dahiya, you will meet with his Patient Coordinator to further discuss the treatment plan, including financial options. Dr. Dahiya charges one all- inclusive fee for every aspect of the procedure so there are no hidden costs.
- Your procedure can be scheduled at this time.
- All surgeries requiring general anesthesia will be performed at the Surgery Center in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
- After the surgery, Dr. Dahiya and his team will call you during the post-operative phase to check on your progress. During the healing process, it is important to remember that Dr. Dahiya is always available to help you in any way.
- A post-operative appointment will be scheduled in order to evaluate your progress. Most patients continue to maintain a relationship with Dr. Dahiya for years afterwards as he interested in maintaining long-term results for each patient.
We now have three convenient locations to serve you
110 South Washington St.
Rockville, MD 20850
8100 Boone Blvd. Suite 110
Tysons Corner VA 22182
9194 Red Branch Road
Columbia, MD 21045